An Operations Research Analyst works to identify and understand problems in business operations and how business processes can be improved. The Operations Research Analyst assists leadership teams in making a variety of business decisions.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Operations Research Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for an analytical Operations Research Analyst to be responsible for the formulation and application of mathematical and optimization modeling to decision making, policy formulations, and other functions of our business operations. The Operations Research Analyst will collect and analyze data on business operations, identify and understand potential or existing problems, show the implications of different actions to solve the problems, and assist in the decision-making process. Ultimately, the Operations Research Analyst will assist the leadership team in the allocation of resources, production schedule development, supply chain management, and pricing procedures.
To be a successful Operations Research Analyst, you should have strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills. You should also have good technical and computer literacy skills and should demonstrate a strong understanding of mathematics and data analysis.
Operations Research Analyst Responsibilities:
- Collecting and analyzing data from current operation systems to develop decision support software.
- Gathering input from workers or people with specialized knowledge who can assist in solving operational problems.
- Using statistical analysis or simulations to analyze the information to define operational problems, develop methods to analyze the problem, and develop practical solutions.
- Defining data requirements, gathering and validating information, and applying judgment and statistical tests to devise problem-solving actions.
- Developing mathematical models of potential and existing operational problems.
- Performing tests to ensure the accuracy of the models.
- Advising leadership teams on solutions and assisting with decision making.
- Writing reports on your findings and recommendations.
- Developing time and cost networks to plan, control, and review large projects.
- Developing business methods and procedures, such as accounting systems, logistics systems, and production schedules.
Operations Research Analyst Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- A Master's degree would be advantageous.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, and mathematical skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and report writing skills.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with advanced statistical and database software.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources