Interview Questions for Operations Research Analysts:
1. Can you describe some of the models you have created and implemented?
Demonstrates candidates' experience and analytical skills. Be wary of candidates who cannot offer examples or describe potential models and how they would be implemented.
2. What methods do you find work best when gathering data and information on a potential problem?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge and critical thinking skills.
3. How would you react if management rejected your models or solutions for a potential problem?
Demonstrates candidates' problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
4. What methods do you use to organize large amounts of complex data?
Demonstrates candidates' organizational and multitasking skills.
5. What is the least effective model you have created and how would you improve it?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to learn from their mistakes, as well as their problem-solving skills.