Interview Questions for Nurse Navigators:
1. Can you describe the most difficult patient case that you were involved in?
Tests the candidate's experience and their ability to overcome difficulties.
2. A patient with different religious beliefs from your own would like to pray with you. How would you respond?
Assesses the candidate's cultural sensitivity and openness.
3. How would you advise a patient who was unable to afford treatment?
Evaluates the candidate's problem-solving, advisory, and referral abilities.
4. What would you say to a patient who had recently been told that their treatment was ineffective?
Highlights the candidate's ability to console patients and to inform them about the next steps.
5. What would you do if a cancer patient decided that they did not want treatment?
Reveals the candidate's ability to provide sound advice, but also ultimately respect the wishes of their patients.