Also known as network operations center technicians, NOC technicians install and maintain network infrastructure, collect network performance data, and resolve network issues in collaboration with field technicians and IT teams. They work at organizations' centralized network operations or data centers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
NOC Technician Job Description Template
We are seeking a highly capable NOC technician to work at our network operations center. You will be diagnosing and resolving network issues, maintaining our network infrastructure, and collaborating with our IT team to enhance our network's performance.
To ensure success as a NOC technician, you should demonstrate solid knowledge of network infrastructure and experience in a similar role. A top-notch NOC technician will be someone whose expertise results in a stable, fast, and secure network environment.
NOC Technician Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the IT team on the development and maintenance of network infrastructure.
- Providing technical end-user support, performing troubleshooting, and resolving network issues.
- Maintaining internet domains and enhancing intranet performance.
- Running diagnostic tests on the communication between computers, routers, modems, and servers.
- Installing, configuring, and updating networking accessories for end-users.
- Optimizing server capacity and performance to keep up with demand in network traffic.
- Developing data security, backup, archiving, and retrieval procedures.
- Training junior IT staff and providing on-site field technicians with remote technical support.
- Enhancing network security, as well as documenting network processes, repairs, and cabling layouts.
- Keeping informed of advancements in network infrastructure and technologies.
NOC Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or specialization in network engineering.
- Certified Cisco, CompTIA, or Microsoft network professional preferred.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a NOC technician, or similar.
- Advanced knowledge of network technologies, connectivity, protocols, and security.
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great interpersonal, communication, and collaboration abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- On-call availability outside of business hours to resolve urgent network issues.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources