Data Center Technicians install and maintain data servers and network equipment. Their duties include monitoring the day-to-day performance of servers, maintaining an optimally controlled environment for servers, and troubleshooting network and server problems. They may also be required to perform urgent repairs outside of business hours.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Data Center Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly skilled Data Center Technician to ensure that our data servers and network perform optimally. In this role, your duties will include installing and upgrading system components, as well as providing network support. You will also be required to perform maintenance and repairs on servers and network equipment.
To ensure success as a Data Center Technician, you should exhibit extensive experience in ensuring optimal efficiency of data center infrastructure. Top-notch Data Center Technicians take proactive measures to prevent loss of data and damage to networks.
Data Center Technician Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and performing on-going maintenance on servers and network equipment.
- Providing IT support to staff and customers, as well as responding to server and network issues.
- Protecting company data by preventing the overheating of data center components.
- Running hardware diagnostics and replacing failing parts in a timely manner.
- Monitoring all network processes to ensure the smooth flow of data across the network.
- Collaborating with software and network engineering teams on cybersecurity and network efficiency.
- Upgrading internal system components, including CPUs, memory, hard drives, and network cables.
- Documenting processes and keeping event logs.
- Advising on the procurement of new data center equipment.
- Keeping track of developing trends in data center technologies.
Data Center Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar.
- CompTIA ServerPlus, CompTIA Network, or CCNP certification would be advantageous.
- 2-3 years of experience as a Data Center Technician, or similar.
- In-depth knowledge of data center environments, servers, and network equipment.
- Extensive experience in installing, monitoring, and maintaining data center equipment.
- Exceptional ability to work as part of a team, provide IT support, and resolve errors.
- Ability to keep up with advancements in data center infrastructure and technologies.
- Proficiency in documenting network processes.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Willingness to respond to network and server errors after hours.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources