Nannies are recruited by parents or guardians to provide care for infants, toddlers and children. Ideal applicants are even-tempered and have the ability to multitask with interruptions in a dynamic environment. Avoid lethargic, ill-tempered applicants.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Nanny Interview Questions
1. Have you ever left a baby to have their bottle unattended?
Listen carefully. A Nanny should never leave a baby to bottle-feed unattended, as this a serious choking hazard. The applicant needs to convince you they will hold your baby at all times while feeding.
2. Are you safety-minded, and why would you say so?
The potential hire will show their safety-mindedness in their answer. A Nanny needs to be aware of household hazards. Beware of neurotic candidates though—they are poor role models.
3. Are you a healthy role model, and why?
In the answer to this question the candidate will demonstrate their ability to effectively lead by example.
4. Could you convince me of your ability to refrain from the following: shouting, using profanity and complaining?
The potential hire’s answer will display their ability to refrain from behaviors that will affect your children's emotional well-being adversely.
5. Are you patient, and explain why?
The prospective hire will further demonstrate their ability to be an effective Nanny in their answer.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources