MOT Tester Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced MOT tester to join our automotive team. In this role, you will be responsible for carrying out approved MOT vehicle inspections, rectifying faults, and preparing vehicle inspection reports. You may also be required to conduct general servicing and maintenance of fleet or private vehicles.
To ensure success as a MOT tester, you should have sound mechanical knowledge and experience with Class 4, 5, and 6 MOT testing. A skilled MOT tester is a thorough professional with a keen eye for detail and in-depth knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
MOT Tester Responsibilities:
- Receiving and completing work orders.
- Conducting MOT tests according to Ministry standards.
- Reading car and truck service manuals.
- Troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues.
- Observing safety protocols at all times.
- Rectifying faults and mechanical failures.
- Conducting routine auto maintenance.
- Maintaining state health and safety work standards.
- Completing and presenting MOT test reports.
- Advising clients on major repairs and services.
MOT Tester Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 qualification.
- Previous experience working as a MOT tester.
- In-depth knowledge of MOT testing standards and procedures.
- Familiarity with state Health and Safety legislation.
- Advanced technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- Detail-oriented with good knowledge of health and safety in the workplace.