Interview Questions for MOT Testers:
1. What skills do you think MOT testers need in order to be successful?
Tests the candidate's understanding of the role and highlights relevant skills.
2. Can you describe how you would ensure vehicles are up to standard?
Demonstrates knowledge of MOT procedures and practices.
3. How would you diagnose and repair a fault on a vehicle’s electrical system?
Demonstrates the candidate’s troubleshooting and mechanical skills.
4. How would you explain a fault to a client who has no mechanical knowledge?
Demonstrates the candidate’s problem-solving and communication skills.
5. What mechanical and electrical automotive systems are you most familiar with?
Highlights areas of expertise and reveals gaps in knowledge.