A Mortician works for a funeral home where they prepare a deceased person’s body for wakes, funerals and interment. A Mortician embalms, dresses and cosmetically enhances the deceased’s body. Ideal applicants are stoic yet empathetic, and dexterous. Avoid over-sensitive, confused candidates.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Mortician Interview Questions:
1. How do you maintain a balance between being empathetic and stoic?
The applicant will explain their ability to deal with the emotional demands of the position in their answer.
2. Could you give me a detailed explanation of the entire embalming process?
The prospective hire will display their technical knowledge as a Mortician in the answer to this question.
3. Could you explain your methods in ensuring natural, peaceful expressions for the deceased?
In their answer to this question the candidate will show their skills as a Mortician.
4. Are you meticulous, and why would you say so?
The applicant needs to convince you they have this quality. During the grieving process mistakes can cause clients additional and unnecessary distress.
5. Could you give examples from past experience where you met the demands of challenging clients?
Morticians deal with clients during difficult times, when they could be challenging to deal with. The candidate needs to have excellent people skills to deal with this aspect of the position.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources