Mortgage Processor Job Description Template
We are looking for an expert data cruncher with a knack for investigating financial information. Mortgage Processors are responsible for interviewing loan applicants, reviewing applicant financial data, and approving or rejecting loans, among other duties.
Mortgage Processors will work closely with loan applicants and interview them personally. They will need excellent communicative and interpersonal skills to be successful in the position.
Mortgage Processor Responsibilities:
- Interviewing loan applicants.
- Assisting applicants in selecting the most suitable mortgage option.
- Reviewing loan applications.
- Evaluating applicant financial information including salary, assets, debts, and expenses.
- Calculating applicant credit scores.
- Verifying the accuracy of applicant data.
- Approving or rejecting loans.
- Managing real estate loan documentation.
- Ensuring compliance with banking regulations.
- Submitting a detailed loan package to the Underwriting department.
Mortgage Processor Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in mortgage processing.
- Excellent mathematical and statistical aptitude.
- Analytical mindset.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Good organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.