Interview Questions for Mortgage Processors:
1. List the different kinds of financial information you would ask an applicant to submit. How many can you list?
Candidates should include salary, assets, debts, expenses, and credit score information in their list. Look for candidates who list the ways in which they will obtain this information.
2. How would you ensure you operate with the highest level of diligence?
Candidates should describe adopting a methodical approach to their data verification process that includes using various data sources and requests for information to populate a detailed financial profile for each applicant.
3. What, in your opinion, is the most important quality in a Mortgage Processor?
Candidates should list attention to detail and excellent organizational skills as the most important qualities in a Mortgage Processor.
4. What has been your greatest success as a mortgage processor?
An example of a good story would include the investigation of financial data to uncover fraud or financial misrepresentation. Look for creative solutions used to uncover the truth.
5. Describe a time when you erred in your investigative duties. How did you overcome your mistake?
Candidates should acknowledge the importance of diligence in their investigative role and the potential consequences of oversight, such as approving a loan to an applicant with a poor credit score. Look for stories where candidates erred, found a solution to their error, and learned a valuable lesson from it.