Medical Officer Job Description Template
We are seeking a highly capable medical officer to manage our medical team and to supervise the healthcare services that they provide. In this role, your duties will include serving as a clinical advisor, overseeing clinical trials, and maintaining high standards of inpatient care.
To ensure success, medical officers should exhibit extensive clinical knowledge and demonstrable experience in a similar managerial role. An accomplished medical officer will be someone who can align their medical expertise with best practices in health administration.
Medical Officer Responsibilities:
- Contributing clinical expertise to patient care and providing guidance to junior physicians.
- Performing administrative duties and risk management.
- Ensuring the highest standards in patient care are maintained.
- Verifying complex diagnoses and facilitating treatment plans.
- Hiring, supervising, and mentoring healthcare professionals and collaborating with consultants.
- Managing allocated budgets and identifying areas of improvement in inpatient care.
- Keeping informed on advancements in the field and contributing to medical research programs.
- Ensuring compliance with healthcare regulations and safety standards.
- Reporting to senior management, as well as liaising between administrative and medical staff.
- Ensuring consistent and accurate medical recordkeeping practices.
Medical Officer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in medicine.
- A master's degree in health administration (MHA) or business administration (MBA) would be advantageous.
- 10+ years' clinical experience.
- At least four years' experience in health administration.
- Clinical risk management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of medical research methodology and ethics.
- Extensive knowledge of medical recordkeeping practices.
- Advanced ability to ensure the highest standards in patient care and compliance with healthcare regulations.
- Ability to keep abreast of advancements in the field of specialization.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.