Medical Equipment Preparers ensure that medical equipment functions properly and that instruments are prepared for use. They perform routine maintenance on medical equipment, prepare specialized medical procedure and surgical trays, and sterilize medical instruments. They are also required to and install new equipment.
When interviewing Medical Equipment Preparers, accomplished candidates should exhibit specialist knowledge of medical devices and their uses, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Avoid candidates who are not detail-oriented and those with limited knowledge of sterilization protocols.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Medical Equipment Preparers:
1. Which kinds of medical equipment do you have the most experience with?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge and experience, as well as their suitability for the role.
2. Can you tell me about a time when you prevented medical equipment from failing?
Evaluates the candidate's ability to identify serious equipment concerns and reveals whether they have a proactive approach.
3. Which autoclave sterilization procedures might novices neglect to follow?
Highlights the candidate's experience, as well as their skills in autoclave sterilization.
4. ICU reports a respirator malfunction. Where do you start troubleshooting?
Assesses the candidate's experience and their ability to perform under pressure.
5. Can you explain how you would clean and sterilize a renal dialysis machine?
Reveals the candidate's knowledge of dialysis machines and their ability to sterilize relevant parts.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources