Interview Questions for Medical Equipment Preparers:
1. Which kinds of medical equipment do you have the most experience with?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge and experience, as well as their suitability for the role.
2. Can you tell me about a time when you prevented medical equipment from failing?
Evaluates the candidate's ability to identify serious equipment concerns and reveals whether they have a proactive approach.
3. Which autoclave sterilization procedures might novices neglect to follow?
Highlights the candidate's experience, as well as their skills in autoclave sterilization.
4. ICU reports a respirator malfunction. Where do you start troubleshooting?
Assesses the candidate's experience and ability to perform under pressure.
5. Can you explain how you would clean and sterilize a renal dialysis machine?
Reveals the candidate's knowledge of dialysis machines and their ability to sterilize relevant parts.