Media Coordinators are communications professionals who develop and implement targeted communications and advertising content for a variety of media platforms. They research, write, proofread and edit all content, and plan and execute all media and advertising campaigns.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Media Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Media Coordinator with superb project management and organizational skills. Media Coordinators are expected to possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, Media Coordinators should demonstrate fantastic time management and great creativity with a keen interest in creating and implementing cost-efficient and effective media campaigns. Top candidates will be critical thinkers with fantastic time management and planning skills.
Media Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Identify press opportunities through evolving issues.
- Develop content for broadcast, print and online distribution channels.
- Negotiate with media channels to close competitive deals.
- Ensure that key messages align with vital business strategies.
- Serve as the organization’s media liaison and formal spokesperson.
- Facilitate press conferences and briefings.
- Scan media marketplace to keep up-to-date on the latest media trends.
- Monitor all campaigns, and report on results.
- Create and manage the organization’s social media profile and presence.
- Promote additional projects to support new product launches.
- Build long-term relationships with media houses.
- Appropriately manage the organization’s media budget.
Media Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Communications/Media or related (essential).
- 3 years of work experience as a Media Coordinator or similar.
- Expert at targeted communications and advertising campaigns across various media platforms.
- Deep understanding of SEO, web traffic metrics and social media best practices.
- Demonstrable experience with building effective media campaigns.
- Ability to develop appropriate broadcast, print and social media content.
- Ability to facilitate press conferences and briefings.
- Ability to foster long-term relationships with members of the media.
- Critical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays strong decision-making and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources