Media Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a media coordinator with superb project management and organizational skills. Media coordinators are expected to possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, media coordinators should demonstrate fantastic time management and great creativity with a keen interest in creating and implementing cost-efficient and effective media campaigns. Top candidates will be critical thinkers with fantastic time management and planning skills.
Media Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Identifying press opportunities through evolving issues.
- Developing content for broadcast, print, and online distribution channels.
- Negotiating with media channels to close competitive deals.
- Ensuring that key messages align with vital business strategies.
- Serving as the organization’s media liaison and formal spokesperson.
- Facilitating press conferences and briefings.
- Scanning media marketplace to keep up-to-date on the latest media trends.
- Monitoring all campaigns, and reporting on results.
- Creating and managing the organization’s social media profile and presence.
- Promoting additional projects to support new product launches.
- Building long-term relationships with media houses.
- Appropriately managing the organization’s media budget.
Media Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in communications/media or related (essential).
- 3 years of work experience as a media coordinator or similar.
- Expert at targeted communications and advertising campaigns across various media platforms.
- Deep understanding of SEO, web traffic metrics, and social media best practices.
- Demonstrable experience with building effective media campaigns.
- Ability to develop appropriate broadcast, print, and social media content.
- Ability to facilitate press conferences and briefings.
- Ability to foster long-term relationships with members of the media.
- Critical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays strong decision-making and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills.