Media Coordinators are communications professionals who develop and implement targeted communications and advertising content for a variety of media platforms. They research, write, proofread and edit all content, and plan and execute all media and advertising campaigns.
Media Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Media Coordinator with superb project management and organizational skills. Media Coordinators are expected to possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, Media Coordinators should demonstrate fantastic time management and great creativity with a keen interest in creating and implementing cost-efficient and effective media campaigns. Top candidates will be critical thinkers with fantastic time management and planning skills.
Media Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Identify press opportunities through evolving issues.
- Develop content for broadcast, print and online distribution channels.
- Negotiate with media channels to close competitive deals.
- Ensure that key messages align with vital business strategies.
- Serve as the organization’s media liaison and formal spokesperson.
- Facilitate press conferences and briefings.
- Scan media marketplace to keep up-to-date on the latest media trends.
- Monitor all campaigns, and report on results.
- Create and manage the organization’s social media profile and presence.
- Promote additional projects to support new product launches.
- Build long-term relationships with media houses.
- Appropriately manage the organization’s media budget.
Media Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Communications/Media or related (essential).
- 3 years of work experience as a Media Coordinator or similar.
- Expert at targeted communications and advertising campaigns across various media platforms.
- Deep understanding of SEO, web traffic metrics and social media best practices.
- Demonstrable experience with building effective media campaigns.
- Ability to develop appropriate broadcast, print and social media content.
- Ability to facilitate press conferences and briefings.
- Ability to foster long-term relationships with members of the media.
- Critical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays strong decision-making and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills.