Meat Packer Job Description Template
We are in search of a detail-oriented meat packer to join our team. As a meat packer, it will be your responsibility to inspect, weigh, clean, wrap, and package all meat products. You'll also be required to adhere to and uphold strict health and safety guidelines, load and unload shipments, and ensure that all orders meet client specifications.
To excel in this position, you should have in-depth knowledge of food production best practices and meat storage processes, as well as strong attention to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch Meat Packer should demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills.
Meat Packer Responsibilities:
- Inspecting stock for bones, sinews, and fatty tissue.
- Weighing and cutting meat to meet the client's specifications.
- Wrapping and packing meat products according to company guidelines.
- Loading and unloading distribution and/or delivery trucks.
- Working with the storage management department to ensure that all products are stored properly.
- Ensuring that all orders are complete and accurately documented.
- Adhering to and implementing the company's health and safety guidelines.
Meat Packer Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- A food handler's permit would be advantageous.
- In-depth knowledge of state health and hygiene regulations for food handling and preparation.
- Basic understanding of food production processes and best practices.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting.
- Able to work with heavy products.
- Strong attention to detail.