MDS Nurse Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a dynamic MDS nurse to work at our medical care facility. Your duties will include facilitating the MDS process and assisting patients with Medicaid or health insurance particulars. You will also work with the medical team to develop patient care plans.
To ensure success as an MDS nurse, you should be able to rapidly assess situations to make critical decisions about patient care. Ultimately, a top-notch MDS nurse should be able to work with a high volume of data and intricate medical reports.
MDS Nurse Responsibilities:
- Assessing and monitoring patients' health in accordance with medical laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Collecting patient data and organizing the information into reports for further research.
- Communicating with health care teams to create applicable health care plans for patients.
- Ensuring that patients have access to all the medical resources they need.
- Making recommendations for patient support and healthcare facility operations to ensure that patient care procedures are integrated in accordance with medical law.
- Assisting patients to enroll in Medicaid or healthcare insurance programs.
- Providing support and coverage for other nurses in case of absence or illness.
MDS Nurse Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing.
- A state nursing license.
- Certification in resident assessment coordination and CPR may be beneficial.
- At least three years' experience as a registered nurse at a medical facility.
- Solid knowledge of MDS processes such as the Resident Assessment Instruments (RAI).
- Working knowledge of data processing programs such as Point Click Care.
- The ability to perform duties such as CPR, EKG assessments, and monitoring patients' vitals.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- The ability to process a high volume of data.
- The ability to make independent judgments utilizing initiative, discretion, and the nursing process, as needed.