Mathematicians help organizations by applying mathematical theories and techniques to solve practical problems. They collect data, analyze this data and present their findings with the aim of solving practical problems in business, government, engineering and science.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Mathematician Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Mathematician with excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Mathematicians are expected to be detailed oriented, knowledgeable on statistics, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
To ensure success, Mathematicians should be accurate, structured and meticulous with a keen interest in solving practical problems that affect government, science, engineering and business. Top candidates will have the ability to reason abstractly and quantitatively while being capable of constructing viable arguments and critiquing the reasoning of others.
- Expand mathematical knowledge by developing new principles.
- Recognize previously unknown relationships between mathematical principles.
- Create models to resolve practical problems in fields such as business, engineering and science.
- Develop computational methods and computer codes.
- Compare inferences derived from models with observations or experiments.
- Develop new mathematical theories, concepts and rules in areas such as algebra and geometry.
- Use theories to solve problems in science, business and engineering.
- Decide what data is required to answer specific questions or problems.
- Interpret data and report conclusions from this analysis.
- Use data to support and improve business decisions.
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics or related (essential).
- 2 years of work experience as a Mathematician (essential).
- Expert experience in mathematical and statistical modeling.
- Sound understanding of mathematical principles.
- Ability to develop mathematical models.
- Ability to provide support for mathematical queries.
- Ability to research and develop new tools and processes.
- Automate and streamline processes.
- Build generic solutions to improve the accuracy of future math solutions.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.