Interview Questions for Material Planners:
1. Your supplier informs you that they are experiencing a shortage of specific materials and cannot deliver. What do you do?
Demonstrates whether the candidate prepares contingency plans and how he/she solves problems.
2. How do you keep track of production volumes and customer demand patterns?
Reveals the candidate's organizational skills.
3. What material management systems and data entry software are you familiar with?
Shows training and knowledge of relevant software programs.
4. How do you ensure that inventory levels are adequate for steady production without over-ordering?
Reveals work experience and the ability to accurately estimate material requirements.
5. What do you do to maintain positive supplier and customer relations?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication skills and the ability to build strong business relationships.