Inventory coordinators make sure companies have all the products, materials, equipment and supplies they need to operate efficiently in ways that are aligned to established policies and standards. They also oversee inventory management processes and resolve any issues that arise.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Inventory Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking for an inventory coordinator who is detail-oriented, exceptionally organized, able to manage complex systems, and who has excellent communication, math and analytical skills, and relevant computer software know-how. Inventory coordinators can expect to work with associated documentation, complete tasks alone and in teams, manage multiple inventories, and report to and advise company management.
Successful inventory coordinators should have a few years’ experience in inventory control, excellent time-management skills, and knowledge in organizational techniques. Ideal candidates will also be able to work extended hours if needed, and have experience in building strong working relationships.
Inventory Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Meeting supply chain objectives.
- Managing inventory and filing systems.
- Performing complete inventory checks of all stock and supplies twice a year.
- Overseeing teams of inventory workers.
- Assessing and improving flows of supplies through companies.
- Ensuring all documentation related to inventory flows is complete, accurate and filed correctly.
- Identifying, analyzing and addressing gaps in inventory processes.
- Reporting to management.
Inventory Coordinator Requirements:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Associates degree beneficial.
- Customer service experience.
- Word processing, database and spreadsheet knowledge.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources