Inventory Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking for an inventory coordinator who is detail-oriented, exceptionally organized, able to manage complex systems, and who has excellent communication, math and analytical skills, and relevant computer software know-how. Inventory coordinators can expect to work with associated documentation, complete tasks alone and in teams, manage multiple inventories, and report to and advise company management.
Successful inventory coordinators should have a few years’ experience in inventory control, excellent time-management skills, and knowledge in organizational techniques. Ideal candidates will also be able to work extended hours if needed, and have experience in building strong working relationships.
Inventory Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Meeting supply chain objectives.
- Managing inventory and filing systems.
- Performing complete inventory checks of all stock and supplies twice a year.
- Overseeing teams of inventory workers.
- Assessing and improving flows of supplies through companies.
- Ensuring all documentation related to inventory flows is complete, accurate and filed correctly.
- Identifying, analyzing and addressing gaps in inventory processes.
- Reporting to management.
Inventory Coordinator Requirements:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Associates degree beneficial.
- Customer service experience.
- Word processing, database and spreadsheet knowledge.