Master Grower Job Description Template
We are looking for a dynamic master grower to join our farm. In this role, your duties will include overseeing our cannabis production, creating cultivation plans, resolving plant issues, and supervising farm personnel. You'll also manage the budget to ensure that our production targets are met.
To ensure success as a master grower, you should have excellent knowledge of the cannabis plant and the ability to identify and respond to any issues that arise during production or cultivation. Ultimately, a top-notch master grower should be a dedicated and green-fingered individual with a passion for farming.
Master Grower Responsbilities:
- Overseeing the daily operations of a cannabis farm, including the planting, trimming, and harvesting of crops.
- Developing a cultivation plan and assigning duties to farm personnel.
- Organizing the transplanting and cloning processes of plants.
- Checking existing crops for diseases and resolving any plant health issues, such as mildew or mold.
- Ensuring that the cannabis plant's growth requirements, such as lighting, soil PH, and nutrients, are consistently met.
- Managing the inventory of the farm's cannabis production, such as equipment and HVAC systems.
- Identifying and resolving potential threats to crop yields, such as pests.
- Managing the farm's budget to ensure production targets are met.
- Breeding new cannabis plant cultivars according to the farm's specifications.
- Ensuring the farm complies with state cannabis policies and cultivation procedures.
Master Grower Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in science, botany, agriculture, horticulture, or a related field.
- A minimum of four years' experience working as a master grower.
- At least one year of experience in a management position.
- Exceptional knowledge of the cannabis plant, its growth requirements, and disease management techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of indoor and outdoor farming methods.
- A solution-driven attitude and good analytical skills.
- Great leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to do manual labor and work for long hours.
- Willingness to stay on top of current cannabis farming trends.