Irrigation Technicians are responsible for designing, installing, and maintaining irrigation systems for businesses, farmers, waterparks, and municipalities. They map out the irrigation area, install the lines, connect pumps and timers, and test the system after the installation is complete.
When interviewing Irrigation Technicians, the most suitable candidate will show extensive knowledge of modern irrigation techniques, have a strong work ethic, and be able to correctly wire electrical systems for pumps and recycling units. Be wary of candidates who do not have any plumbing experience, or those who cannot work outside in harsh weather conditions.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Irrigation Technicians:
1. What methods do you use to plan out a new irrigation system?
Indicates the candidate’s knowledge of best practices.
2. What was the most complicated system you installed for a client?
Demonstrates the extent of the candidate’s skills and knowledge.
3. What made you want to work as an Irrigation Technician?
Demonstrates the character of the candidate and a passion for the industry.
4. Have you ever had to redo an irrigation job, and why?
Indicates honesty and shows how the candidate deals with stressful situations.
5. What do you think is the most difficult part of installing a new irrigation system?
Demonstrates candidate’s knowledge of modern irrigation techniques and highlights potential problem areas.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources