Marketing analysts collect and interpret information about market conditions and consumer behavior to help businesses make less risky decisions when launching new products, pricing products and services, and entering new markets.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Marketing Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for a marketing analyst with a razor-sharp attention to detail, broad knowledge of statistics, mathematics and analytics, and an almost obsessive commitment to thoroughness. Marketing analysts can expect to work with vast amounts of written and numerical information about market trends, volume of sales, customer experience, and competitors’ activities. Their responsibilities include gathering data, writing detailed reports on findings, identifying new markets, and advising upper-management on tactics.
Successful marketing analyst candidates should have at least two years’ experience in marketing, excellent mathematics and language skills, and outstanding insight. Ideal candidates will have a proven aptitude for interpreting data.
Marketing Analyst Responsibilities:
- Gathering and analyzing data.
- Reporting to marketing managers and coordinators.
- Monitoring customer bases and identifying new ones.
- Preparing detailed reports on consumer behavior, competitors' activities, outcomes, and sales.
- Designing market surveys.
- Determining future trends.
- Communicating with customers, competitors and suppliers.
- Developing strategies to improve market reach.
Marketing Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, social sciences, marketing etc.
- 2+ years' experience working in marketing.
- Additional related short courses beneficial.
- Proven data interpretation skills.