Manufacturing Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly capable manufacturing technician to join our business's production division. You will be assembling product components, documenting production information, and performing routine maintenance on equipment and machinery.
To ensure success as a manufacturing technician, you should possess extensive knowledge of product assembly and experience in a similar industry. A first-class manufacturing technician will be someone whose production knowledge and skills result in the manufacturing of high-quality products.
Manufacturing Technician Responsibilities:
- Performing assigned product manufacturing and assembly tasks.
- Conducting quality checks on the functionality of parts and components.
- Adding finishing touches to the appearance of components.
- Optimizing production efficiency by adjusting machinery and equipment settings as needed.
- Performing minor repairs and reporting breakdowns in a timely manner.
- Keeping equipment maintenance logs, as well as maintaining a safe and tidy work environment.
- Updating productivity records and writing incident reports, if relevant.
- Training and supervising new employees.
- Collaborating with other departments to complete production orders on time.
- Complying with internal policies and industry regulations.
Manufacturing Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least two years' experience as a manufacturing technician.
- Knowledge of production processes in a related industry preferred.
- Extensive experience in performing quality control procedures and meeting production standards.
- Working knowledge of computers and office software.
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Keen attention to detail and problem-solving techniques.