Managing Directors oversee a company's business operations, liaise with stakeholders, drive strategic company growth, and are responsible for the overall performance of the business.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Managing Director Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Managing Director to oversee business operations and provide strategic leadership. The Managing Director's responsibilities include developing and implementing strategic plans and company policies, maintaining an open dialogue with stakeholders, and driving organizational success.
To be successful as a Managing Director you should be able to manage and advance a business's strategic objectives. Ultimately, an outstanding Managing Director is an exceptional leader, drives a company's strategic visions, and is adept at crisis management.
Managing Director Responsibilities:
- Developing and executing business strategies to achieve short and long-term goals.
- Reporting to the board, providing market insights and strategic advice.
- Developing and implementing business plans to improve cost-efficiency.
- Maintaining positive and trust-based relations with business partners, shareholders, and authorities.
- Overseeing the company's business operations, financial performance, investments, and ventures.
- Supervising, guiding, and delegating executives in their duties.
- Ensuring company policies and legal guidelines are clearly communicated.
- Assessing, managing, and resolving problematic developments and situations.
- Building and enhancing the company's public profile at events, speaking engagements, etc.
Managing Director Requirements:
- Degree in business, marketing or a related field.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Extensive experience as a Managing Director or in a similar role.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic and business plans.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to excel in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources