Logistics Associates assist in the management of an organization's logistics systems. They coordinate the shipment and distribution of goods, inspect goods and materials, track shipments, manage inventory, and communicate with customers and third-party services.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Logistics Associate Job Description Template
We are looking for a Logistics Associate to assist with the management of supply chain activities. You will support the Logistics Manager in coordinating the transport and storage of products and materials. Your duties will include receiving deliveries, preparing shipments, communicating with clients and carriers, tracking shipments, and managing inventory.
To be successful as a Logistics Associate, you should be able to maintain shipment records in digital databases and ensure that shipments are delivered according to schedule. Ultimately, a top-notch Logistics Associate should be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage the flow of incoming and outgoing goods with minimal supervision.
Logistics Associate Responsibilities:
- Inspecting incoming and outgoing shipments and verifying rates.
- Receiving incoming shipments and preparing outgoing shipments.
- Monitoring and managing inventory levels.
- Developing and communicating shipment schedules.
- Liaising with vendors and carrier services to coordinate logistics and timelines.
- Assisting customers and resolving shipment issues and complaints.
- Preparing and maintaining shipment paperwork, records, and digital databases.
- Performing additional duties as needed.
Logistics Associate Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED with at least three years of experience in Logistics Management or a related role.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or Logistics preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office and database management.
- Knowledge of inventory management and logistics elements.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to sit, climb, and crouch, as well as lift and move products and materials.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources