Logistics Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for a thorough and physically strong logistics assistant to assist our warehouse manager with coordinating package deliveries. The logistics assistant will be responsible for receiving and unpacking parcels, completing relevant documentation, and dispatching stock. You should also record and report breakages, major spills, and contaminations to the Warehouse Manager.
To ensure success as a logistics assistant, you should pay close attention to the movement of stock to avoid losses. Ultimately, a top-notch logistics assistant will be able to memorize vast amounts of information for later use.
Logistics Assistant Responsibilities:
- Receiving and checking deliveries to ensure that the correct amount and type of stock is delivered.
- Signing delivery notes upon receipt of shipments.
- Heeding notes about appropriate procedures for handling stock, particularly when fragile.
- Unpacking items and arranging these on shelves, if needed.
- Preparing our clients' orders by gathering and loading stock.
- Ensuring that the facility remains clean, sanitary, and well-organized.
- Reporting all breakages and spills.
- Offering assistance to other staff in the department during lulls in your day.
Logistics Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience as a logistics assistant at a large warehouse.
- Sound knowledge of shipping processes and metrics.
- Ability to handle and maneuver fragile stock with ease.
- Strong communication, memorization, and teamwork skills.
- Outstanding organizational and investigative abilities.
- Capacity to perform your duties diligently, particularly during stressful periods.
- Physically fit and mobile.