Interview Questions for Locomotive Engineers:
1. What skills do you think locomotive engineers need to be successful?
Highlights the mechanical and conducting skills of the candidate.
2. How would you ensure all areas of the locomotive have been inspected before use?
Reveals knowledge of system procedures and locomotive mechanics.
3. How would you diagnose an electrical fault with a locomotive?
Shows the candidate’s electrical systems knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
4. Why is it important to have geographic knowledge of the train routes?
Reveals knowledge of proper train conducting techniques.
5. Tell me about a time when you performed minor repairs or maintenance on a locomotive in a breakdown situation?
Tests the candidate’s skills and previous work experience.