Interview Questions for Loan Officers:
1. How do you explain the loan process to a new client?
Tests the candidate’s communication skills.
2. How do you notify a client that their loan application was denied?
Demonstrates the candidate’s interpersonal abilities.
3. Can you describe the hardest sale you’ve ever closed?
Reveals the candidate’s sales and negotiation skills.
4. How would you ensure a client’s information is kept confidential?
Tests the candidate’s ability to comply with industry best practices and laws.
5. Can you describe your method for determining the feasibility of granting an applicant a loan?
Highlights the candidate’s education and training history.