Litigation Paralegals assist Trial and other Attorneys during every phase of legal disputes. Litigation Paralegals may perform generalized or specialized functions.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Litigation Paralegal Job Description Template
We are searching for an analytical Litigation Paralegal to assist with the successful resolution of legal cases. The Litigation Paralegal will be required to conduct in-person and desktop research, prepare and collate pertinent legal documents, and complete all requisite administration upon completion of each matter. As the cornerstone of our legal support team, you should also stay abreast of amendments to relevant legislation.
To be successful as a Litigation Paralegal, you should be able to complete the relevant legal paperwork with ease. An outstanding Litigation Paralegal will be familiar with all pertinent filing systems, and will suggest the use of alternate data storage solutions, as needed.
Litigation Paralegal Responsibilities:
- Arranging and partaking in interviews with clients, where you will establish rapport and obtain case-related information.
- Conducting legal research during each phase of the case.
- Collaborating with federal and state police, as well as private investigators, to source additional evidence.
- Preparing clients for their appearance in court and at other legal meetings.
- Booking accommodation for clients and members of the legal team, as required.
- Completing, submitting, and storing all pertinent legal documentation under the guidance of the designated Attorney.
- Creating and setting up visual presentations that are designed to convey evidence at trial.
- Completing adjacent office administration, as required by the Attorney.
- Disposing of irrelevant and outdated paperwork in a safe manner.
- Remaining up-to-date with relevant case law and legislation.
Litigation Paralegal Requirements:
- Completion of a formally recognized Paralegal qualification.
- Bachelor's degree in Law is highly advantageous, but not a necessity.
- License to practice as a Litigation Paralegal within the region.
- Prior experience as a Litigation Paralegal or similar.
- In-depth understanding of all pertinent legislation and precedent.
- Computer literate.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication.
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills.
- An eye for detail.
- Ability to work overtime on occasion.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources