Line Leader Job Description Template
We are looking for a results-oriented line leader to manage our company's production line. You will be setting up the production line to complete specific orders, overseeing assembly line workers, and ensuring that orders are completed on time and within budget.
To ensure success as a line leader, you should exhibit extensive knowledge of production processes and experience in a similar industry. A top-notch line leader will be someone whose production line expertise results in production targets being met without compromising on quality.
Line Leader Responsibilities:
- Preparing work schedules and assigning workers production line tasks.
- Evaluating incoming orders and setting up the production line accordingly.
- Optimizing production line efficiency by monitoring productivity and quality.
- Identifying and resolving production line problems in a timely manner.
- Performing recordkeeping tasks, including inventory management and order tracking.
- Training and supervising new production line workers.
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure that orders are completed on time.
- Maintaining a fully operational, safe, and tidy work environment.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and industry regulations.
Line Leader Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least five years' production line experience in a related industry.
- Experience in a supervisory role preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of product specifications and production standards.
- In-depth knowledge of industry regulations.
- Proficiency in computers and office software.
- Superb leadership skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques.