Also called clerical library assistants, library clerks use memorization and organization skills to sort, shelve and catalog books, magazines, newspapers and multimedia resources.
When interviewing library clerks, the suitable candidate will display a passion for books, reading and learning, and a fondness for libraries.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Library Clerks
1. How many sections in a library can you name?
Tests knowledge of books and libraries.
2. What system for cataloging do most libraries use?
3. How would you handle a patron who wants a specific book but can't help you with the title or author?
Shows problem-solving and communication skills.
4. How much time have you spent in libraries?
Shows passion for libraries.
5. Who is your favorite author?
Tests passion for reading.