The purpose of a Librarian is to oversee libraries and provide library services to the public. This is a people-focused role, requiring librarians to organize resources and help library users’ with their research. They are tasked with checking out books, maintaining inventory, and hosting book sales.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Librarian Interview Questions:
1. How would you ensure patrons adhere to library policies?
Tests the candidate’s ability to enforce policies.
2. How would you assist a university student busy with a research task?
Highlights the candidate’s experience working with different patrons.
3. What library databases have you worked with?
Reveals the candidate’s knowledge of library databases.
4. How would you handle a loud and difficult patron?
Demonstrates the candidate’s interpersonal skills.
5. Can you describe your method for coding and cataloging books?
Tests the candidate’s organizational skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources