Landscape Architects plan, design and supervise the development of a wide range of external spaces. They combine artistic skills with practicality to ensure the landscape is both beautiful and functional. Their work can be found in urban and rural settings. Landscape Architects often work in a team alongside other building professionals.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Landscape Architect Job Description Template
We are searching for a Landscape Architect with a keen eye for detail and excellent negotiation skills to join our building team. The Landscape Architect's responsibilities will include drawing up plans using CAD software, site surveyance, client liaison, writing and analyzing reports, drawing up contracts, and working collaboratively with other architects, planners, and engineers. You should be comfortable working in the office or on-site.
To be successful as a Landscape Architect, you need to keep abreast of developments in your field and be comfortable doing research in other disciplines as well. Exceptional Landscape Architects should be open to criticism and be able to comfortably engage with a wide range of individuals.
Landscape Architect Responsibilities:
- Creating rough drawings and more sophisticated plans with computer-aided design (CAD) programs.
- Analyzing complex environmental reports and using the knowledge gained in designs/plans.
- Providing recommendations on conservation and sustainability issues.
- Drawing up reports and contracts.
- Writing proposals and presenting them to clients.
- Liaising with fellow architects, project managers, engineers, and surveyors.
- Speaking to locals and community members to gain insight.
Landscape Architect Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Landscape Architecture.
- Evidence of continuing education would be advantageous.
- A relevant license.
- Practical experience with CAD software.
- Good creative flair and imagination.
- The ability to respond well to feedback.
- The ability to understand written and verbal specifications.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources