Infrastructure engineers, or IT infrastructure engineers, use their computer science expertise to build, maintain and coordinate the digital networks and systems that support networked communities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Infrastructure Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for an infrastructure engineer who is detail-oriented, proficient with technologies and hardware, and who flourishes in high-pressure environments. Infrastructure engineers generally work with numerous software programs, clients and other technical staff, and often need to do field analysis and maintenance. Their responsibilities include upgrading and improving operating environments, creating repair strategies, and providing technical support and training for users.
Successful infrastructural engineers should have good communication and collaboration skills, excellent analytical, problem-solving and time-management skills, and an extensive knowledge of data laws. Ideal candidates will also have experience in project management and giving professional presentations.
Infrastructure Engineer Responsibilities:
- Installing and maintaining operating environments.
- Monitoring these operating environments.
- Responding effectively and speedily to any problems.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor with clients and colleagues.
- Providing training and support.
- Ensuring operating environments stay safe and secure.
- Updating any software and hardware where necessary.
- Documenting all reported malfunctions and actions taken in response.
Infrastructure Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Must know how to use database systems management software, enterprise resource planning software, and web platform development software.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources