Land Surveyors use special equipment to conduct measurements and evaluations of sites for public, government and private property. The responsibilities of Land Surveyors include developing land survey reports and performing calculations of measurements and evaluations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Land Surveyor Job Description Template
We are looking for a qualified Land Surveyor to be responsible for preparing sites for construction and providing data on measurements to establish property boundaries. Land Surveyors research legal boundaries, measurements of land, and perform mathematical calculations.
To be successful as a Land Surveyor, you should have great analytical and mathematical skills, possess a keen eye for detail, and have great communication skills. Ultimately, a good Land Surveyor should have extensive experience in performing complex measurements, analyzing data, and recording results accurately.
Land Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Preparing and maintaining sketches, maps, and reports of legal descriptions of surveys.
- Verifying data and calculations.
- Recording results of surveys.
- Calculating the measurements of sites.
- Writing descriptions of property boundaries.
- Researching legal documents, survey records, and land titles to clarify information about property boundaries.
Land Survey Requirements:
- Degree in Surveying.
- Good numeracy skills and the ability to make mathematical calculations.
- Logical thinking skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Organizational skills.
- A good memory.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources