Kitchen Staff provide assistance with the preparation of food, and are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of dishes, work stations, and food storage facilities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Kitchen Staff Job Description Template
We are searching for organized, energetic Kitchen Staff to join our team. Kitchen Staff are responsible for storing ingredients and assisting with food preparation. You should also ensure that the kitchen and storage areas remain clean at all times.
To be successful as Kitchen Staff, you should demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask without sacrificing accuracy in your work. Top-notch candidates will be able to perform well within a fast-paced environment.
Kitchen Staff Responsibilities:
- Cleaning all dishes, work stations, cooking equipment, and food storage areas in accordance with food safety regulations.
- Washing, chopping, shredding, and grating ingredients for subsequent use by the Chef.
- Sweeping and mopping floors, as required.
- Assisting with the unloading of deliveries.
- Storing ingredients according to prescribed food safety regulations.
- Assisting with the monitoring of inventory.
- Reporting all damaged or faulty equipment to the Kitchen Manager.
- Packaging customers' leftover food upon request.
- Cleaning trash cans and disposing refuse on a regular basis.
Kitchen Staff Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in a similar position.
- Thorough knowledge of food safety procedures.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking abilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to work shifts, over weekends, and on public holidays, as needed.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources