Kitchen Porters wash dirty dishes, utensils, and other cooking equipment, assist Chefs or Cooks with basic food preparation and ensure that kitchens are clean and orderly. They are employed by restaurants, hospitals, hotels, and other establishments that prepare food for public consumption.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Kitchen Porter Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a highly efficient Kitchen Porter to perform all washing, cleaning and basic meal preparation duties required in our kitchen. The Kitchen Porter's responsibilities include cutting and portioning meat, informing the supervisor when food supplies are low, and appropriately storing washed dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment. You should also be able to accurately measure ingredients as per the Chef’s instructions.
To be successful as a Kitchen Porter, you should display excellent communication skills and be able to follow instructions. Ultimately, an exceptional Kitchen Porter should adhere to food health and safety regulations while carrying out all kitchen duties.
Kitchen Porter Responsibilities:
- Cleaning and sanitizing all meal preparation areas as well as kitchen walls, stoves, sinks, ovens, and grills.
- Sweeping and mopping all kitchen areas during shifts and at the end of shifts.
- Washing dirty dishes, cutting boards, utensils, and cooking equipment.
- Ensuring that food mixers, cookers, and other cooking equipment are in good working order.
- Receiving and unpacking all deliveries.
- Emptying, re-lining, and washing garbage cans as required.
- Ensuring that refrigerators, freezers, and storage areas are clean and well-organized.
- Assisting the Chef with basic food preparation, which includes washing, peeling, and cutting meal ingredients as per the Chef's instructions.
Kitchen Porter Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A food handler's license.
- Proven experience assisting in commercial kitchen environments.
- Working knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources