Kitchen Porters are responsible for washing dishes, cutlery, and kitchen equipment, preparing meal ingredients, and cleaning kitchen areas. They work in various establishments that have commercial kitchens.
When interviewing Kitchen Porters, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate efficiency, reliability, and sound knowledge of proper food handling procedures. Be wary of candidates who have low energy, ineffective communication skills, and poor time management skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Kitchen Porters:
1. How would you deal with a frustrated Chef that takes his/her frustrations out on you?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication skills and ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
2. How would you prevent kitchen accidents that occur as a result of spillages and broken glassware?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of health and safety procedures.
3. What would you do if you cut yourself while preparing meal ingredients?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
4. Why should certain foods be stored at different temperatures?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of proper food handling procedures.
5. How do you ensure that all kitchen duties are completed in a timely manner?
Demonstrates the candidate's time management skills and experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources