Junior account managers provide sales assistance to customers assigned to them by senior sales staff. They communicate with customers to provide ongoing sales support, keep customers updated on new products, and assist the sales team to identify sales opportunities.
When interviewing junior account managers, look for candidates who demonstrate a customer-oriented approach and the ability to work as part of a team. Be wary of candidates with limited knowledge of customer relationship management and those who lack interpersonal skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Junior Account Managers:
1. Can you explain your approach to providing existing customers with sales support?
Assesses the candidate's sales knowledge and their ability to anticipate customers' needs.
2. How would you identify new sales opportunities?
Highlights the candidate's research skills and their ability to contribute viable sales leads.
3. Can you describe your experience with customer relationship management software?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge of and proficiency in industry-related software.
4. A customer is upset about a delivery delay. How do respond?
Reveals the candidate's interpersonal and problem-solving skills, and whether they have a customer-centered approach.
5. What challenges do you anticipate in this role and how would you overcome them?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of the position and their ability to resolve problems.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources