IT Support Engineers, also known as Technical Support Engineers, provide technical support for clients experiencing hardware, software, and networking issues. They work either on-site or via remote systems to assist with software installations, network failures, hardware malfunctions, and other IT related issues.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
IT Support Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled IT Support Engineer to assist our clients with all IT related technical support issues. As an IT Support Engineer, you will meet with clients to determine the nature of the problem, diagnose hardware or software issues, provide effective assistance, and maintain strong customer relationships. You may also be required to install new software applications and train clients on proper application use.
To ensure success as an IT Support Engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of business software and hardware systems, excellent troubleshooting skills, and high-level interpersonal skills. Ultimately, a top-class IT Support Engineer resolves all IT issues quickly and effectively while maintaining a good relationship with the client.
IT Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Installing and configuring client computer systems.
- Responding to client IT support requests.
- Meeting with clients to diagnose software, networking, or hardware issues.
- Providing technical support on-site or via remote-access systems.
- Offering solutions that meet the needs of the client.
- Repairing hardware malfunctions, software issues, and networking problems.
- Maintaining good client relations.
- Tracking and managing work records.
- Compiling job reports.
IT Support Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer.
- Knowledge of web services, API, and IP based protocols.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl or Shell.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and networking systems.
- Good time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex hardware and software issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think critically.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources