Interview Questions for Desktop Support Technicians:
1. What might cause a computer to make loud buzzing noises?
Examines knowledge of standard and unusual computer functionality.
2. How would you assist someone with little exposure to technology?
Tests perspective-taking and patience.
3. Which training courses should every individual complete?
Highlights an awareness of appropriate computer skills.
4. How would you ensure the provision of effective remote support?
Assesses communication and initiative.
5. What would you do if you were unable to solve an IT issue?
Reveals possible knowledge gaps and awareness of suitable referrals.