Desktop Support Technicians maintain computer-related infrastructure and assist individuals experiencing IT difficulties. Also referred to as Help Desk Technicians, Desktop Support Technicians may conduct their duties remotely or in person.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Desktop Support Technician Job Description Template
We are searching for a solution-focused Desktop Support Technician to provide our employees with hands-on, systematic support. The Desktop Support Technician should receive IT-related concerns, and then proceed to diagnose and solve these issues. You should also ensure the regular maintenance of our IT infrastructure.
To be successful as a Desktop Support Technician, you should be highly skilled in the fitting and upkeep of computers and their networks. A remarkable Desktop Support Technician will gauge computer proficiency in every individual, and then proceed to tailor their services in a suitable manner.
Desktop Support Technician Responsibilities:
- Advising staff on appropriate procedures for directing their IT-related queries and recommendations.
- Receiving and documenting requests for support.
- Deciding on the most suitable ways of providing aid.
- Delivering IT and related assistance upon request, or as you deem suitable.
- Configuring new desktops, routers, modems, and similar devices.
- Performing routine inspections and upkeep of existing installations.
- Updating computer operating systems and other important software, as needed.
- Substantiating requests for hardware and software purchases and upgrades, if appropriate.
- Providing suggestions on appropriate training for staff.
Desktop Support Technician Requirements:
- Associate's degree in a computer-centered discipline.
- Pertinent Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
- Experience as a Desktop Support Technician or equivalent.
- Familiarity with all TeamViewer functions.
- Capabilities needed to deliver in-person and remote IT aid.
- Fantastic installation, diagnostic, upgrade, and restoration abilities.
- Excellent vertical and lateral thinking.
- Superb time management skills.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Forbearing, flexible, and supportive.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources