Desktop Support Technician Job Description Template
We are searching for a solution-focused desktop support technician to provide our employees with hands-on, systematic support. The desktop support technician should receive IT-related concerns, and then proceed to diagnose and solve these issues. You should also ensure the regular maintenance of our IT infrastructure.
To be successful as a desktop support technician, you should be highly skilled in the fitting and upkeep of computers and their networks. A remarkable desktop support technician will gauge computer proficiency in every individual, and then proceed to tailor their services in a suitable manner.
Desktop Support Technician Responsibilities:
- Advising staff on appropriate procedures for directing their IT-related queries and recommendations.
- Receiving and documenting requests for support.
- Deciding on the most suitable ways of providing aid.
- Delivering IT and related assistance upon request, or as you deem suitable.
- Configuring new desktops, routers, modems, and similar devices.
- Performing routine inspections and upkeep of existing installations.
- Updating computer operating systems and other important software, as needed.
- Substantiating requests for hardware and software purchases and upgrades, if appropriate.
- Providing suggestions on appropriate training for staff.
Desktop Support Technician Requirements:
- Associate's degree in a computer-centered discipline.
- Pertinent bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
- Experience as a desktop support technician or equivalent.
- Familiarity with all TeamViewer functions.
- Capabilities needed to deliver in-person and remote IT aid.
- Fantastic installation, diagnostic, upgrade, and restoration abilities.
- Excellent vertical and lateral thinking.
- Superb time management skills.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Forbearing, flexible, and supportive.