Interview Questions for IT Engineers:
1. What do you think is the most important function of the IT engineer?
Indicates an understanding of the position and the role they will play in the company.
2. How do you go about designing new systems for a company?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to turn concepts into working systems.
3. What steps would you take to ensure the security of a company’s network?
Shows understanding of networking and security protocol.
4. How would you deal with staff that refuses to learn proper operating techniques?
Reveals the candidate’s interpersonal skills and ability to deal with stressful situations.
5. What do you think is the biggest challenge facing IT engineers?
Highlights key areas of focus and possible gaps in knowledge.