IT Engineers are responsible for installing, testing, and monitoring computer hardware, software, and networking systems for a company. They maintain the security of the network, troubleshoot IT issues, upgrade systems, and train staff on operating procedures.
When interviewing IT Engineers, the most suitable candidate will have excellent project-management skills, extensive knowledge of IT systems, and the ability to troubleshoot complex hardware or software issues. Be wary of candidates with poor communication skills and those who are not comfortable training staff on system operations.
Interview Questions for IT Engineers:
1. What do you think is the most important function of the IT Engineer?
Indicates an understanding of the position and the role they will play in the company.
2. How do you go about designing new systems for a company?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to turn concepts into working systems.
3. What steps would you take to ensure the security of a company’s network?
Shows understanding of networking and security protocol.
4. How would you deal with staff that refuse to learn proper operating techniques?
Reveals the candidate’s interpersonal skills and their ability to deal with stressful situations.
5. What do you think is the biggest challenge facing IT Engineers?
Highlights key areas of focus and possible gaps in knowledge.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources