Inventory controllers, or stock controllers, manage inventory levels for businesses in a variety of industries, including retail, commercial, and industrial. They develop inventory management systems, maintain stock levels, and coordinate the logistics of orders and transfers. They also analyze supply chain data and generate purchase and pricing reports.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Inventory Controller Job Description Template
We are searching for a meticulous inventory controller to manage the inventory for our company. In this role, you will be required to coordinate orders and deliveries, perform regular inventory audits and analyses, and forecast the supply and demand requirements to ensure consistent stock levels.
To ensure success as an inventory controller, you should be highly organized and have detailed knowledge of supply chain management software and practices. A top-notch inventory controller will be able to accurately forecast inventory requirements and possess excellent logistical abilities.
Inventory Controller Responsibilities:
- Monitoring inventory levels and replenishing stock as needed.
- Developing and implementing inventory control systems and practices.
- Liaising and negotiating with vendors and suppliers to ensure the quality of stock purchases.
- Coordinating the logistics of purchase orders, stock transfers, deliveries, tagging, and processing.
- Forecasting supply and demand requirements to ensure stock availability.
- Tracking inbound and outbound orders to prevent overstocking and out-of-stock (OOS).
- Analyzing and reviewing supply chain data to identify and resolve issues.
- Generating purchase and pricing reports, supply chain analysis, and inventory management systems.
- Performing regular stock checks and reporting any issues to the supervisor.
- Maintaining and updating records of purchase orders, pricing reports, and inventory records.
Inventory Controller Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, business administration, or similar preferred.
- A minimum of two years of experience in retail, warehousing, logistics, or similar.
- Excellent knowledge of inventory management software such as NetSuite, Fishbowl, and Zoho Inventory.
- Exceptional understanding of inventory management practices such as ABC analysis and cycle counting.
- Good analytical and logistical thinking abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional collaboration and negotiation abilities.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources