Also known as Purchasing Managers, Inventory Analysts monitor a company's rate of sale and ensure that they always have the necessary inventory to meet the projected sales demands. They will buy inventory, allocate resources to cover sales demands, and generate future sales forecasts.
When interviewing Inventory Analysts, look for candidates who demonstrate excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills. Be wary of candidates who lack strong computer and communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Inventory Analysts:
1. What methods would you use to create an inventory forecast?
Demonstrates the candidate's inventory management experience and their knowledge of reporting requirements.
2. Describe a time you discovered an inventory error. How did you correct it?
Illustrates the candidate's attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
3. What would you do if an inventory order was not delivered on time?
Indicates the candidate's ability to protect the company's inventory levels and ensure adequate coverage for demand.
4. How you would resolve a dispute with the logistics or accounting departments?
Shows the candidate's teamwork, collaboration, and communication skills.
5. Describe a new inventory control process you implemented. What impact did it have?
Demonstrates the candidate's work experience and analytical skills. This may also show the candidates' willingness to own up to their mistakes and continue to improve their skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources