Interview Questions for Internists:
1. Which tests do you perform to assess a patient’s medical condition?
Tests of diagnostic ability.
2. Describe some of the most successful treatments for patients suffering from Type 1 Diabetes. Why do they work?
Tests medical knowledge.
3. A patient is discouraged by the treatment plan you have just suggested. How do you handle the situation?
Shows interpersonal skills and ability to empathize.
4. Describe your most challenging medical case. What did you learn from the experience and would you do anything differently?
Proves medical expertise and the ability to learn from mistakes.
5. How do you stay up to date with new treatments and advancements in internal medicine?
Shows continuous training and professional development.