Also known as internal medicine physicians or doctors of internal medicine, Internists provide non-surgical medical care to patients suffering from acute and chronic diseases or conditions.
When interviewing Internists, look for candidates that are able to understand their patients’ symptoms and concerns and can successfully provide treatment plans. Avoid candidates that are unable to empathize with their patients and lack effective communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Internists:
1. Which tests do you perform to assess a patient’s medical condition?
Tests diagnostic ability.
2. Describe some of the most successful treatments for patients suffering from Type 1 Diabetes. Why do they work?
Tests medical knowledge.
3. A patient is discouraged by the treatment plan you have just suggested. How do you handle the situation?
Shows interpersonal skills and ability to empathize.
4. Describe your most challenging medical case. What did you learn from the experience and would you do anything differently?
Proves medical expertise and the ability to learn from mistakes.
5. How do you stay up to date with new treatments and advancements in internal medicine?
Shows continuous training and professional development.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources