Intake Coordinator Job Description
We are seeking a dedicated intake coordinator to join the staff of our medical facility. You will be responsible for greeting incoming patients, recording their personal details, gathering medical histories, and obtaining any health insurance information they have.
To be successful as an intake coordinator, you should be highly organized and detail-oriented. Top candidates will also have excellent interpersonal skills, with a strong aptitude for great customer service.
Intake Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Welcoming patients to the facility.
- Completing all admissions paperwork and entering it digitally.
- Verifying medical insurance coverage and benefits for each patient.
- Scheduling appointments for consultations, tests, and procedures.
- Answering phone and email inquiries.
- Addressing any patient complaints or concerns.
- Performing clerical work, such as filing, copying, and faxing.
- Preparing and maintaining patient charts.
- Complying with the regulations and policies of the facility.
Intake Coordinator Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of two years' experience in patient intake or medical office administration.
- Strong affinity for customer service.
- Working knowledge of office management and filing systems.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer literacy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.