Insurance Customer Service Representatives work in the insurance industry and provide a valuable connection between insurance customers and the policy providers. Their job is to handle all customer queries and complaints. They also provide prospective customers with detailed information about company products.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Insurance Customer Service Representative Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Insurance Customer Service Representative to connect with our insurance customers. In this role, you will be responsible for answering customer queries, dealing with complaints, and providing potential customers with detailed information about our products. You may also be required to review a customer’s policy and direct calls to sales agents when a policy needs to be initiated or upgraded.
To ensure success as an Insurance Customer Service Representative, you should have a friendly and professional demeanor, good communication skills, and the ability to stay calm under pressure. Ultimately, a top-class Insurance Customer Sales Representative is friendly and efficient when handling complaints or providing policy information.
Insurance Customer Service Representative Responsibilities:
- Learning and understanding company insurance products.
- Answering calls and responding to customer complaints.
- Accessing customer accounts and policy schedules.
- Providing customers with detailed information about policies and products.
- Recommending available products.
- Forwarding customers to sales agents when a policy needs to be initiated or upgraded.
- Typing up complaint reports.
- Managing the customer complaint database.
Insurance Customer Service Representative Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience working as a Customer Service Representative.
- In-depth knowledge of insurance products and policy schedules.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of database software.
- High-level typing skills.
- Advanced knowledge of telephone and call forwarding systems.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to explain detailed policy concepts in a simple way.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources