Insurance Customer Service Representatives are hired by insurance companies to handle all customer queries and complaints. Their job is to provide customers with valuable information about policy schedules and forward calls to sales agents when a policy needs to be initiated or upgraded.
When interviewing Insurance Customer Service Representatives, suitable candidates will have excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure. Be wary of candidates with poor interpersonal skills and those who are unable to deal with rude or irate customers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Insurance Customer Service Representatives:
1. What skills do you think Insurance Customer Service Representatives need to be successful?
Reveals the candidate’s natural character and inherent skills.
2. How would you ensure the information you provide is accurate and relevant to the client?
Demonstrates the candidate’s information retention abilities and communication skills.
3. How would you deal with irate or rude customers?
Demonstrates the candidate’s interpersonal skills.
4. At what point should you transfer a call through to a sales agent?
Reveals knowledge of the sales process.
5. Can you tell me about a time when you handled a customer complaint that resulted in additional policy sales?
Reveals previous work experience and highlights pertinent skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources