Industrial Painters clean, paint and varnish different surface types. Their primary duties include painting buildings, houses or cars, cleaning surfaces prior to layering paint and maintaining technical equipment for the job.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Industrial Painter Job Description Template
We are looking for candidates with attention to detail and good dexterity for the position of Industrial Painter. Industrial Painters are responsible for maintaining technical equipment for the job and ensuring that they are in working order, possessing a wide array of painting tools including thin and thick brushes, airbrushes and rollers and removing previous paint surfaces using masking or a chemical rinse, among other duties.
Moreover, Industrial Painters will need to operate heavy machinery, requiring stamina and physical strength.
Industrial Painter Responsibilities:
- Painting buildings, houses or cars.
- Cleaning surfaces prior to layering paint.
- Maintaining technical equipment for the job and ensuring that they are in working order.
- Possessing a wide array of painting tools, including thin and thick brushes, airbrushes and rollers.
- Safely disposing of chemical waste.
- Ensuring that high safety standards are met.
- Utilizing different painting techniques based on the nature of the surface.
- Utilizing special safety equipment such as painting goggles.
- Using viscosity cups and thickness gauges to measure the amount of paint to be used and the texture of the paint.
- Removing previous paint surfaces using masking or a chemical rinse.
- Painting small items and doing touch-ups.
- Ensuring proper ventilation after paint is applied.
- Utilizing electroplating equipment to coat metal.
- Polishing metallic surfaces.
- Painting over woods and plastics.
Industrial Painter Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience painting a variety of surface types.
- Proficiency with technical machinery.
- Physical strength to operate machinery.
- Diligence and attention to detail.
- Excellent dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Good organizational skill.
- Good verbal communication.